This guide allows you to split your audience into segments in Emarsys. It is entirely an Emarsys function and Emarsys may change this at any stage without our knowledge. We suggest that any operations in Emarsys should be confirmed with your Emarsys Account Manager.
1. Setup a segment to include all contacts in the send list.
2. Create a program in Automation Centre to look like the following.
3. Save the Splits as Contact lists
4. Schedule for when program is launched.
5. Launch the program.
6. Refresh the segment created in Step 1. This will automatically trigger the Program in Automation Centre.
7. If you check the summary of the Program
8. Which should show something like this except with numbers like 75 000 and 225 000.
10. This creates 2 new contact Lists
9. Now you can run a Normal Split test as recommended by Phrasee with 10 splits with automatic winner selection to the 75% Audience. The split sizes should be 6.66 % for each split test and the winner going to the remainder of the database. This remainder will calculate to close to 75 000.
10. Schedule another separate campaign using the same template as the Phrasee split test but with the human subject line and selecting the 25% Audience. (NO VERSIONS) on this send. This email campaign should be scheduled for the same time as the Winning Subject line is scheduled in the Phrasee split test above.
EACH WEEK before sending.
Before the next send you will have to delete the new contact lists, copy the program to run again and create the 2 new contact lists again. This is to ensure randomization of the segments.